This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheMagic #CollectiveBias
Clearly, I love cinnamon roll cakes. Take for instance, my Spiced Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake, or my Pecan Caramel Sweet Roll Cake. They are so much fun to put together, like a giant pinwheel, and when you cut into it to serve, the layers separate like those flaky biscuits you love. So awesome. And seriously, this Peanut Butter Cinnamon Roll Cake might just be the best out of all my cinnamon roll cakes, because I’ve got heart-eyes for this baby here, it is SO DELISH.
The reason this peanut butter cinnamon roll cake is so amazing is because of the peanut butter itself. I will let you in on a little secret. It’s a good one. I used the NEW Peter Pan Simply Ground Honey Roast Peanut Butter. Seriously guys, this peanut butter is creamy with just a bit of crunch. It’s like the best of both worlds. No more choosing! I am just obsessed with the texture of this peanut butter. It spreads surprising easily, which is hard to say about many other peanut butters out there! I slathered it on the cinnamon roll dough with ease. It was awesome.
And with traditional cinnamon rolls being all soft and gooey, it was really fun to bite into my slice and get a nice little crunch after crunch after crunch, with that delicious flavor and texture shining among the sugar and spices. I melted some of the peanut butter into my chocolate sauce as well, which was super fun and yummy too!
And in case you couldn’t tell from above, Vivienne totally failed me in the double-pour photo task. Le sigh. Oh well, I mean, she’s only four, so I can’t be too hard on her. I guess. Whatever. She and Charli were determined to drive me insane while simultaneously attempting to destroy this peanut butter cinnamon roll cake before completion.
These kids have no chill.
Are you ready to dive into the wonderful world of the most perfect peanut butter ever? Head on over to your local Walmart and grab a jar of the NEW Peter Pan Simply Ground Original and Honey Roast, so you can make this peanut butter cinnamon roll cake today! Grab this coupon for $.50 off ONE (1) Jar from Walmart!
For The Filling
For The Dough
For The Icings
- 3 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Milk
- 1/4 C Peter Pan Simply Ground Honey Roast Peanut Butter
- 3/4 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine filling ingredients, minus the peanut butter, in a small bowl, then mix with a fork until well blended.
- In a another, larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together buttermilk and melted butter in a separate bowl, then pour into the middle of the dry ingredients. Stir together until dough just comes together, being mindful not to over-mix. Knead slightly by hand until the dough forms into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough into a long rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the peanut butter over the entire surface of the dough, then press the sugar filling onto the peanut butter.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough length-wise, into 2-inch-wide strips. Roll the first strip from end to end and place in the center of a greased pie plate. Take the next strip and wrap it around the first piece, in a spiral. Repeat with each strip until the pie plate is full.
- Back for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- While the cake is baking, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk in a small blender and blend until smooth. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Drizzle both icings onto the hot peanut butter cinnamon roll cake and spread evenly.