Chewy, creamy, and full of cinnamon flavor, these churro cheesecake cookie bars are all the rage. Add this dessert to your list of simple recipes to serve guests during any occasion!
I love love love cookie bars.
I mean, how could I not? They are so simple to prepare in a single bowl!
There’s no chilling involved, no scooping out perfect portions, no multiple cookie sheets, and no hours-long vigil by the oven.
Hallelujah cookie bars!
Instead of going the traditional frosted route, I decided to have a little fun with this batch of noms.
With the help of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, these churro cheesecake cookie bars were born.
Dulce De Leche
What I adore about Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk is that it’s no nonsense. Milk + Sugar. That’s it. Simple, right?
I utilized the sweetened condensed milk to make some silky dulce de leche, because what’s a churro without it? Boring, that’s what.
- Heat Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk over medium/medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly.
- Watch it change from a light cream color to golden brown.
- Try not to eat it straight from the pot, it’ll burn you! I may speak from experience…
It takes about 20 minutes or so to reach the perfect level of caramelization while still being silky and spreadable. If you overdo it, no worries: thanks to Eagle Brand and it’s simple ingredients, you can thin out your dulce de leche by adding a tablespoon or so of heavy cream-gently stirring it in until it reaches the consistency you need.
To keep things easy peasy, I used the same bowl for both parts of this recipe.
I started with the cookie bar layer, pressing it into a prepped 13×9 inch pan that I lined with parchment paper. Then I topped it with the cinnamon-laced cheesecake layer and smoothed it out.
Finally, I drizzled a generous amount of the dulce de leche I made with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, and a little dark chocolate and ran a knife through the cheesecake layer to incorporate the flavors, and of course, make it pretty looking.
In terms of simple recipes, sweets are always top of my list. I don’t like to spend too much time and effort whipping up a treat for the fam, so these churro cheesecake cookie bars will be a household staple since they are so fast and easy!
What’s your favorite way to utilize Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk?
Churro Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Dulce De Leche
- 14 oz Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 oz dark chocolate melted
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan. Set over medium-to-medium-low heat and stir continuously, until the condensed milk has gone from white to light caramel color, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and grease a 13x9 inch pan. Set aside.
- To make the bars: In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a handheld or stand mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined, then press into the bottom of the greased pan.
- In the same bowl as the dough, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until well mixed, then pour out on top of the cookie dough and spread evenly. Drizzle with dulce de leche and dark chocolate, swirl around the cheesecake layer, then bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then cut and serve.