Kind of like a quiche, and kind of like a frittata, this cheesy, gluten free corn and zucchini pie whips up in minutes and is full of flavor, making it the perfect side dish to your family dinner recipes, holiday occasions, and every night in-between.
We’re officially entering the season of giving and I couldn’t be more excited.
It’s my favorite time of the year, in spite of the craziness that comes along with it. The craziness just adds to the energy, I think, and I thrive on that energy. Yasssss.
Of course, my favorite form of giving is food.
Like you’re surprised, I know.
I’m getting some help this year from Libby’s® Canned Vegetables, so I can create delicious side dishes to serve alongside our family dinner recipes, quick and easy.
Just how I like it!
How Is This A Pie, Anyway?
It’s a little bit of a misnomer, I know. You hear pie and you think:
But more often than not, we forget about those amazing savory pies:
- Spaghetti pie
- Shepherd’s pie
- Corn and zucchini pie
It’s basically just a meal that gets baked up in a dish and served like a pie. Nothing crazy here at all.
I find that Libby’s® Canned Vegetables are a delicious addition to my seasonal recipe favorites, adding great flavor, texture, and nutrition, especially at my family’s Thanksgiving feast.
Needless to say, this corn and zucchini pie is a huge hit.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
What I love about this pie is that it’s easily customized.
- Add mushrooms if that’s your thing.
- Poblano peppers adds heat and a Latin flare.
- Swap the corn for one of Libby’s® other varieties like Cut Green Beans, or Mixed Vegetables.
- Use different cheeses like gouda, or pepper jack.
The list goes on and on, which is why I love this recipe so so much.
I truly enjoy sitting around the table with my family and watching their expressions of delight as they indulge in this dish. I’m forever thankful for the moments we’re able to get together and enjoy a delicious meal—simple things in life!
What are you thankful for this year? Enter Libby’s® Cansgiving sweepstakes by posting a photo of what you are thankful for via Libby’s® Twitter, Instagram, or www.getbacktothetable.com/cansgiving using the hashtags #Cansgiving AND #Sweepstakes for the chance to win one of ten $500 electronic gift cards and Libby’s® Canned Vegetable products to help prepare a memorable meal for family and friends this holiday season.
Talk about awesome, right?
So tell me, will you include this corn and zucchini pie with your family dinner recipes this year? Or do you have a special dish of your own that you use with Libby’s® Canned Vegetables? Let me know in the comments!
More Family Dinner Recipes
Gluten Free Corn and Zucchini Pie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 can Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn drained
- 3 small zucchini sliced thin
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and zucchini and saute for 5-7 minutes. When just softened, stir in the corn and continue to saute until the zucchini is fully softened, around 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in the cheese and seasonings. Once the veggies have cooled for a few minutes, gently fold them into the egg and cheese mixture.
- Line an 8-inch pie pan with parchment paper and transfer the mixture to the pan, arranging the top so the zucchini slices lay in a single, flat layer. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese, cover with greased foil, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top. Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Libby’s. The opinions and text are all mine.