Did you know you can have dinner AND lasagna in just 30 minutes?! Whip up this simple one pan skillet lasagna tonight!
Family dinners are hard to come by these days, with Rudy working evenings at the bar, and me being so hot and exhausted from a long day of working and child wrangling that I rarely want to eat when it’s time to sit down.
So, more often than not I am just making something quick and simple for the girls and I fend for myself later. This Easy Skillet Lasagna may have changed everything, however, because it is freaking amazing.
Did you know you could have lasagna in just 30 minutes?! It is so easy and so delicious and ohmigod I want to make this dish every single day now it is so nomnomnomnom.
I can’t stop gushing. I mean, literally, we had zero leftovers.
The girls asked for not only seconds, but thirds too. I had to cut them off because I wanted seconds myself, ha.
The secret to this easy skillet lasagna is the sauce. Particularly Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauce (similar). I am in love. It literally has ZERO added sugar, and no weird chemicals that you can’t pronounce. It’s all natural, all delicious, and perfect for this easy skillet lasagna.
I went with a mixture of ground beef and mild Italian sausage for this dish. I like having just a touch of the spiciness of Italian sausage, but not too much, because sausage tends to disagree with my digestive system.
So you could go all sausage, or all beef if you want, no problem. I browned it all up, drained off the fat, then added some beef broth and Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Tomato & Sweet Basil pasta sauce, followed by a nice pile of lasagna noodles, layered with some heaping dollops of ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, then topped with more mozzarella and parmesan a few minutes before it’s done.
I basically just broke some lasagna noodles into quarters and carefully pushed them down into the sauce, then added the cheese mixture, more noodles, etc. I tried to make it as even as possible so no one would get a bite without all the goodies.
I’m making myself hungry just typing all this. Oh man. Want to make yourself some easy skillet lasagna? You’ll look like a pro while putting dinner on the table in 30!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 3/4 lb. Ground Beef
- 3/4 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 C Beef Broth
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 C Ricotta
- 1 1/2 C Mozzarella divided
- 8 Lasagna Noodles broken into quarters
- 1/4 C Parmesan for garnish
- Handful Fresh Basil rolled and sliced, for garnish
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat to medium-high. Add the beef and sausage and cook until browned, crumbling into small pieces, around 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add the beef broth and pasta sauce and stir to combine.
- Layer in the lasagna noodles by pushing them down into the sauce. Create a single layer.
- In a small dish, mix together the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, salt, pepper, and garlic. Scoop small dollops into the skillet, about half of the mixture. Layer with more noodles, pressing them down into the sauce. Repeat adding the cheese mixture, and then a final layer of noodles. Gently agitate to ensure all the noodles are covered.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, add the remaining mozzarella, and recover for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for a couple minutes before serving, then garnish with parmesan and fresh basil.