In terms of breakfast recipes, easy is key. They are usually very simple in nature: eggs, plus some kind of meat. That’s it. But on the table you could always find dish after dish of fresh chile, salsa verde, and everything else you could possibly want in a taco.
Making breakfast tacos at home can be equally delicious, fun, and fast, with the right ingredients, and very minor prep.
Have fun by placing dishes of fresh produce on the table, such as avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro. I love to add some Queso Fresco to the mix as well, or a pot of fresh beans to have on the side.
The sky’s the limit, friends, so have fun!
In the end, however, what truly makes a breakfast taco so great are the eggs, so never neglect your main ingredient!
Scrambled eggs can be surprisingly difficult, and no one likes burnt or super hard eggs. Here are a few tips to getting it right, every time:
- Add some I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® to the eggs before beating, which lends incredible flavor and creaminess to the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs vigorously for a couple of minutes. Whisking air into the eggs will lighten them upon cooking, which makes them fluffier.
- Heat the pan to medium first, then reduce to low when adding the eggs. Scrambled eggs come out perfectly when cooked at low temps as opposed to high!
Breakfast recipes, easy, and in a hurry! Get delicious with me and whip up these amazing eggs today!
For more recipe inspiration, check out the amazing Walmart hub!
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with 2 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter®, whisking briskly for 2 minutes, until eggs are frothy and spread is in small chunks.
- Heat a large skillet over medium, then add remaining tablespoon of spread and let melt. Add egg mixture and reduce heat to low, stirring frequently until eggs are thoroughly cooked, around 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and divide between 4 tortillas.
- Top each taco with any variety of accompaniments: fresh chile, avocado crema, queso fresco, avocado, and garnish with serrano peppers and cilantro. Serve immediately.