This blog post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions and recipes are all my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support A Simple Pantry! #GameTimeGrilling
If you aren’t making my bacon wrapped hot dogs or cheeseburger sliders for the big game, then you need, and I mean need, to be making this Coffee Crusted BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger.
This is a life or death situation here.
OK, so I might be kidding. But only kind of.
Out of all the hamburgers I’ve ever made, this might very well be my favorite.
We’ve got bacon. We’ve got caramelized onions. We’ve got aged cheddar, baby greens, and a big ol’ pile of meat. But what we really have here, is some KING’S HAWAIIAN® goodness. Fo realz.
In all honesty, the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Light Roasted Kona Coffee BBQ Sauce is what inspired this particular BBQ bacon cheeseburger.
I whipped up the best rub for these burgers with coffee on my mind, so clearly I had to include coffee. Clearly. There is also some paprika in there, brown sugar, garlic powder, and even some cumin. I love cumin.
BBQ sauce was even incorporated directly into the meat before I cooked it, so there is a lot of flavor to enjoy, inside and out.
I slapped these big beauties onto some KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hamburger Buns and they were literally amazing. Even my kids ate them, and they hate all things coffee and onion.
I may have told them the onions were candy. Cause they took caramelized to equal candy. Like caramel.
YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR WINS.
So after picking up everything I needed at my local HEB (you guys realize I pretty much live there, right? I mean, seriously.), and browsing through some of the amazing Combo Loco deals they have, I am more than ready to get my grill on and cheer for my team! GO TEAM!
Let’s celebrate some wins with these coffee crusted BBQ bacon cheeseburgers, woo!
For the Coffee Rub
For the Burgers
- 2 lbs Ground Beef 80/20
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cracked Peppercorns
- 1/4 C KING'S HAWAIIAN® Light Roasted Kona Coffee BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Slices Aged Cheddar
- 1 Package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 C Baby Greens
- 12 Slices Crispy Bacon
- 1 C Caramelized Onions*
- Combine coffee rub ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, salt, pepper, and BBQ Sauce. Mix well by hand, then divide into four equal portions and form into patties.
- Rub each burger with the coffee mixture, on all sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter. Add the burger patties and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Add a slice of cheese a minute or two before removing from heat.
- To assemble burgers: smear both sides of bun with BBQ sauce, then layer the bottom bun with baby greens, followed by the cheeseburger, then add the bacon, 1/4 cup of the caramelized onions, and then the top bun. Serve immediately.