Say hello to this stunning beauty right here!
Stuffed with hazelnut spread, I skipped a traditional dough and went with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, which provided a light and fluffy base for this treat.
A word of caution: spread the hazelnut spread first, then add the cinnamon roll topping. I promise, it is twenty million times easier that way. By doing the topping first (as shown above), it didn’t stick to the dough and made cutting and rolling it a total PITA.
So please please please, save yourself some heartache and do the hazelnut spread first.
I used a pizza cutter to slice the dough into strips, rolling the very first one into a mini cinnamon roll. After that, I added one strip at a time, coiling it around the first roll. It goes rather quickly!
Especially when it’s this easy. Fo realz.
I may or may not have made extra frosting just cause.
My lips are sealed.
But if you are looking for something perfect to make on the fly, or for a good snow day (zomg it is going to snow here this week!), then this cinnamon roll cake is calling your name!
Easy Nutella Cinnamon Roll CakePrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie plate and set aside.
- Unfold thawed Puff Pastry Sheets, prick all over with a fork, then spread the hazelnut spread over both sheets, covering each Sheet completely.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon and stir until combined. Spread evenly over both Sheets.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1 inch strips. Roll the first strip into a small cinnamon roll and place in the center of the pie plate. Attach the second strip to the end of the cinnamon roll in the plate and wrap it around the roll. Repeat with each strip until the pie plate is full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the filling it bubbling over in the center.
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk and whisk with a fork until smooth. If too runny, slowly add more powdered sugar, if too thick, slowly add more milk. Pour over cinnamon roll cake and serve warm.