Get ready to shake up those boring after-school snacks with these super simple and delightful Southern Spicy Corn Cups! Featuring Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups, this delicious snack can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for easy grabbing and heating when the kids come crashing through the front door. With two different cheeses, crisp bell peppers and diced serrano peppers, this appetizer whips up in just minutes in a single pan and is ready to be devoured by even the pickiest eater. Throw out those old standbys, a new snack sheriff has arrived!
After School Snacks, Reinvented
I know, I know, you hear it allllll the time. Try this new snack, your kids will love it!
And then it turns out to either be just the same ol’, same ol’, or it takes so much time the Pinterest gods above laugh out of sheer spite.
But this snack, this snack is everything you’re looking for: fast, delicious, inventive, and new!
Don’t believe me? Get ready to be amazed.
What Is In These Spicy Corn Cups?
The best pantry staples, of course. You know you’re in the right place when you’re cooking with me!
- Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups
- Crunchy red bell pepper
- Spicy serrano peppers
- Chili powder
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
I really love reaching for my Libby’s® Vegetable Cups because of their single-serving size, their convenience, and how I can whip up this snack and store it right in the same container! And they’re totally microwaveable, so making this ahead of time is a breeze!
How Do I Make These Spicy Corn Cups?
This is where the magic happens, my friends. You only need one little skillet and about 10 minutes of your time from start-to-finish!
- Chop the peppers
- Melt down butter and cream cheese
- Add Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups, drained
- Add bell and serrano peppers
- Stir in chili powder and paprika
- Stir in cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with more goodies as desired (I love me some salsa!)
- Eat, or store for later!
Suuuuuuuper easy. I promise. You are going to be so happy to have this fun, new after school snack in your repertoire, and the best thing about it is that’s it customizable. Don’t like things too hot? Add less serrano pepper and chili powder. Want more fire? Add hot sauce or salsa verde!
Southern Spicy Corn Cups
These Southern Spicy Corn Cups are so easy and delicious, even adults will be digging the wonderful flavors! With melty cheeses, crisp bell peppers, spicy serrano peppers, chili powder, and paprika, this snack will hit the spot, and it only takes a few minutes to whip up! Serve this appetizer straight away when the kids get home from school or save them in their cups in the fridge for later!
You May Also Like…
Southern Spicy Corn Cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 Libby's® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and add the butter and cream cheese. Stir until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Libby's® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups, bell pepper, and serrano pepper and cook until heated through. Stir in the chili powder and paprika, then add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted, about 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, or spoon back into cups and store in the fridge until ready to serve. To reheat, microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until bubbly and hot.