Cause seriously, when it’s this hot, who wants to bother with the oven, or using all the burners and messing up ten tons of pans. Not me, no sirree. Gimme all the easy. Please.
This post was inspired by my friends Kat and Melinda of Home.Made.Interest. who had me drooling over their pasta dish like I hadn’t eaten in a week or something. I few a few minor changes, mostly because I love fresh picked green beans, and garlic. They are my life.
And also because the girls love them. How could I not add a vegetable my kids practically beg me for?
I also used some delicious RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce (similar), and it really made a huge difference in the dish. It’s so thick, it literally hugs the pasta, and has such a complex, dynamic flavor, which is paramount in a dish with very few, and simple, ingredients.
I also used quick-cooking noodles for this one pot pasta, which helps cut down on the cook time by quite a bit! Also, no draining. Hello, awesome.
I diced up some yellow onion and garlic and cooked them for a few minutes to soften and release their flavors, before adding the rest of the ingredients. I highly recommend adding the pasta and water first, and then adding the veggies on top, because it helps ensure the pasta gets completely cooked, while simultaneously steaming the veggies without them getting ridiculously soggy.
Top with fresh parmesan and this will quickly become your new fave one pot pasta dish, and for good reason. It’s so simple, and so delicious, and comes together in almost no time at all. I mean, you can’t get much better than that, am I right?!
I Snapped this bad boy the other day, and it was crazy popular, for good reason. If you aren’t already following me on Snapchat, you really should get on that. Cause I’m awesome. And also because I have this tendency to use weird voices when I talk.
My husband says that’s normal, by the way. For me. Whatever.
Summer Vegetable One Pot Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 C Yellow Onion, diced
- 12 oz Quick-Cooking Pasta
- 3 C Cold Water
- 2 Zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash, halved and sliced
- 1 Pint Grape, Cherry, or Mixed Tomatoes, halved
- 2 C Fresh Green Beans
- 1 C Fresh Basil, roughly torn
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1 1/2 C RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1/2 C Parmesan, grated
- In a large, 12 inch skillet, add the olive oil and heat to medium high. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just softened, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and water, then top with the zucchini, squash, tomatoes, green beans, and basil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, cover, and allow to cook for 5 minutes on high. Remove the cover and continue cooking on high for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in the pasta sauce, top with the grated Parmesan, and serve immediately.