Get ready for delicious holiday eats with this super simple side dish that’s ready in less than 30 minutes and doesn’t take up space in the oven! Whip up these flavorful Mexican Street Corn Style Air Fryer Potatoes with creamy mayo, spicy chili powder, and a layer of salty cotija cheese fried crispy like an au gratin casserole, without all the added fat and calories!
A Perfect Friendsgiving Side Dish
What I love about this dish is that, with the expanse of traditional holiday cooking, the oven and stovetop are often overrun with a need to cook too many things in not enough time or space.
Enter these Mexican Street Corn Air Fryer Potatoes!
With the air fryer being one of the hottest cooking trends around, I decided to pull it out especially for holiday cooking, to free up space in the kitchen and give you delicious dining options that you won’t have to think twice about whether or not to include.
A Sweet Cansgiving
Like the fabulous Gluten-Free Corn and Zucchini Pie from last year, we’re sweetening the Cansgiving experience with these spiced up Mexican street corn style potatoes using Libby’s® Sliced White Potatoes.
In addition to delicious noms, there is the amazing Libby’s® Cansgiving Sweepstakes happening now from Nov. 4th – 22nd! Enter by sharing your favorite holiday recipe using Libby’s® Canned Fruits & Vegetables via www.getbacktothetable.com/cansgiving, or enter via Instagram or Twitter using #Cansgiving and #sweepstakes and tagging @LibbysTable! Two lucky winners will receive a cash prize. Terms and conditions may apply, so enter now!
What’s In This Recipe?
Simple pantry basics like:
- Libby’s® Canned Sliced White Potatoes
- chili powder
- salt & pepper
Speaking of pantry staples, you all know I have a great stock of Libby’s® Canned Vegetables to play with, because they are cost-efficient and a time-saver; they do all the prep work for you! No washing, peeling, cutting…can I get an amen?!
How To Prep Air Fryer Potatoes
I like to drain and rinse the Libby’s® Sliced White Potatoes and then pat them dry with paper towels. Like anything that is going to be fried, you want to start with a really dry surface. The less liquid, the better.
From there, toss the potatoes in a bowl with the mayo, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cotija cheese and stir gently until evenly coated. That’s it!
How To Air Fry Potatoes
I add the potatoes in layers, spraying lightly with cooking spray between each layer.
Air fry at 360 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Wham, bam, thank you ma’am, food is served!
What can I use instead of cotija cheese?
- The best substitute is Parmesan, as it’s salty like cotija and can be grated to a fine crumble. Secondary options would be feta or queso fresco, but I recommend patting them dry before crumbling.
Is this recipe really spicy?
- It has a kick, yes, but it isn’t so crazy you’ll go reaching for a glass of milk. You can feel free to lessen the amount of chili powder if you’re worried, or if you want more heat, of course add more chili powder, or throw in a pinch of cayenne.
Do I need to dry the potatoes first?
- I highly recommend it, because drying the potatoes creates a better surface for the seasoning mixture to stick to. It also allows the potatoes to crisp better in the air fryer, which is the whole point!
Mexican Street Corn Style Air Fryer Potatoes
Serve the best dish at the party when you whip up these Mexican Street Corn Style Air Fryer Potatoes with creamy mayo, spicy chili powder, and salty cotija cheese! Ready in under 30 minutes, you don’t even need the oven or stove, so whip up this delicious side dish and steal the show!
Mexican Street Corn Style Air Fryer Potatoes
- air fryer
- 3 (15 oz each) cans Libby's® Sliced White Potatoes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup cotjia cheese finely grated
- cooking spray
- Drain and rinse the Libby's® Sliced White Potatoes, then pat dry with paper towels. Add potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add the mayo, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cotija cheese and stir gently until thoroughly coated. Add the potato slices to an air fryer basket in layers, spraying each layer with a light coating of cooking spray before adding the next.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Carefully remove from air fryer basket and serve immediately!
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
Leave a Review